Information we collect and how we use them
- When you use our Services you provide us with and consent to our collection and use of two types of personal information: (i) information you submit via the Services and (ii) information regarding your use of the Services collected by us as you interact with the Services.
- Through the sign-up process you may provide us with your name, phone number, delivery address, email address, and other information that may be requested during the sign-up process in order for us to deliver our service or product to you. We collect parent’s email addresses in order to provide our service, send necessary messages and/or newsletter you subscribed to and to show you targeted adverts in your browser.
- When you use our Services, you may enable microphone and voice features that collect voice data when your child is using voice interactive stories. Permission is requested for this use within the website. We gather your explicit consent from you as the Parent to collect voice data for the processing of voice interactive stories, and scoring voice recordings to show your child their pronunciation level and customize the learning experience over time. All other identifiers are removed from such data before processing through third parties.
Sharing your personally-identifiable information with third parties
- We will not sell, or, subject to the following paragraphs, disclose to any third party, your personal information to any third parties.
- We will share your personal information with third parties to provide services to us or you in connection with the Services, but subject to confidentiality obligations, which limit their use and disclosure of such information. For example, we may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, sending our emails, processing payments, or offering customer service.
- We do not pass any identifiable child data to any third parties except for voice recordings from which other identifiers are removed.
- We may reasonably determine that we are required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. Additionally, we may share account or other personal information when we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable law, to enforce our Service Terms & Conditions, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other harmful, unethical, or illegal activity perpetrated through the Services or using the our company name. This may include sharing personal information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies. Such sharing may happen without your consent and without notice to you.
Updating or deleting your Personally-identifiable information
- You may request removal of your personal information collected by us through your use of our site. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, although we cannot guarantee that the information can be successfully removed in all cases. We may retain aggregate and/or anonymous data collected through the Services, including Activity Data, which may be used by our company for training, improvement, promotion, research and other lawful purposes. We reserve the right to terminate your account should we evaluate that we are unable to reasonably accommodate your request.
Our company has implemented administrative and technical safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information, access credentials and results. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In the event that the Company becomes aware of a data breach impacting your personal information, we will provide notification in compliance with all applicable laws. For example, we may post a notice on our Website or elsewhere on the Services and may email you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
- Users under the age of 21 should not use our Services except with the prior consent of a parent or guardian. If we learn that Personal Information of a child has been collected on our Services without prior parental consent, then we will take appropriate steps to delete this information as we discover it and will not use it or share it with third parties. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 21 has a registered account with our Services without your consent, please contact us to request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
Last revised on 2 May 2022